Tuesday, September 1, 2015

My review of Atmosphere of hope

Atmosphere of Hope: Searching for Solutions to the Climate CrisisAtmosphere of Hope: Searching for Solutions to the Climate Crisis by Tim Flannery
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a pacy and engrossing read. There is a story, with tenuous hope, but still with hope. Some possible solutions to help slow climate change are raised. They all require political will as well as dollars to be successful. There are some good examples of lobbying and advocacy. The science is very readable, and there are lots of references to additional resources. This is a book to read, think about and then take action.

I don't often read books as soon as they are released, there are usually good reasons to delay, like an every growing list of reading. I am going to hear Tim Flannery speak tonight, and I thought reading this book before the talk was a good idea.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment