Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin and sign language

When you visit the website of the Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin you see a link to gebaerdensprache which takes you to their page about signing services.

It includes the video, shown below as well as information about services to children.


I was impressed to see that they are catering for  section of the community which is often under represented in library services.

Thanks to Google translate for making some of this possible.

1 comment:

  1. That's really interesting, and serendipitous, because I was thinking about this yesterday. A good friend of my sister won a Queen's Birthday Honour for services to the deaf and it started me thinking about what we offer the deaf - very little, as it turns out. Think I have more thinking to do - thank you for the link.

    ReplyDelete